Friday, April 17, 2009

Playing tourist.

The other day I caught the bus into the city, to go do some shopping. While I was on the bus I started thinking about the other people on the bus. I pulled out my notebook and started writing some questions about the people on the bus. Questions that I'll never ask them, because they'll think I'm a bit strange.

The list of questions began to make me feel quite overwhelmed, because although I have no chance of ever answering them, God knows every individual inside and out and would be able to answer them all. I was like WOAH.

Here is my list of questions:

Where are they going?
Where are they coming from?
Do they make this trip often?
Do they want to be leaving where they've come from?
Do they want to be arriving where they're going?
What kind of music is coming from their headphones?
Is that music just background noise to them?
Are they in any physical discomfort right now?
What thoughts are going through their head right now?
(e.g. Why is that girl obsessively writing in her notebook? hehe)
Do they have children?
Step-children?
Grandchildren?
Wife/husband?
Girlfriend/boyfriend?
Do any of these passengers know each other?
Perhaps some awkward tension is going on right now?
What are their beliefs?
Where are they spiritually?
Are they comfortable with themselves?
Have I seen these people before, and don't remember them?
Will I see them again some time in the future?
Will I remember them then?
What are their dreams/aspirations?
What are they passionate about?
What are their eyes watching?
Are they taking in what they see?
Are they stressed?
Why are they stressed?
Glasses- are they long or short-sighted?
Choice of clothes- dependent on age, prefer styles?
What things are common between passengers?

Another one of my questions was 'Does that woman realise that the holes in her beanie make a smiley face?' But when 'she' got off of the bus I realised it was a man. OOPS! Which I suppose was me stereotyping long hair to women and short hair to men, but I can't really talk seeing as my hair is abut 2cm long :P

Uhoh. Do these people think I am just a strange boy dressed up like a girl?
(Why is that strange boy obsessively writing in a pink notebook?)

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment