Monday, April 6, 2009

Peppercorns

In life bad things happen. Christian or not, sometimes the world seems to be unfair. Physical, emotional, psychological, social, finacial. Sometimes it just all falls down.

I believe that God says what goes. I believe that, whatever His reasons may be, everything (good and bad) happens according to his plan. Our task is to stay strong in our faith in God and His plans for us, and when neccessary, to draw lessons from the situations and predicaments we find ourselves in and upset by.

Like when in scripture, Daniel questioned God's plans when his life started to 'fall apart', as we might say. God showed us that we do not know how or why things happen the way they do. We do not know why the sparrows fly the way do and we do not know why God puts us in the scenarios that He does. (Sorry... I could not find it in my bible. It is hiding! :P) We must just have faith that God is just and right and loves us, even when we get caught in not-so-nice things.

God also has his many ways of stimualting our minds. The thoughts of this blog came to me through eating a pie. I was at the cafe and was rather hungry, so I bought the last pie. I knew it was Steak and Green Peppercorn, but I assumed it would be like a normal pie. Boy, was I wrong. From the first bite my mouth felt like it was on fire and I could barely breathe. It was so bad I was crying. Through this I thought, 'God. Why did you let me buy this?' and then I realised. It was just a very simple lesson.

Johanna, your tongue does not like peppercorns. Do not eat them from now on. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment